This is part of a series of How to Do X posts I will be adding to explain how to perform discrete tasks with the WordPress for Toastmasters solution.
A button at the top of the WordPress editor allows you to add an Agenda Note to an event. Think of these as “stage directions” for your meetings and/or directions and explanations for your signup form.
The dialog for an Agenda Note includes a text area for entering your message.
Other options include:
- Display On – choices are “agenda” (the default, will be displayed on the agenda only), “web” (the signup form) or “both”
- Bold? / Italic? / Font size – basic formatting options
- CSS Style (advanced) – advanced formatting options for web designers
- Link (web address) – option to have a link displayed following the note
- Editable field – See How to Create Editable Agenda Notes
- Time Allowed – If the note describes an activity that will consume time on your agenda, you can assign the planned amount of time here.
When you save your choices, a red placeholder will be displayed in the WordPress editor. You can double-click that placeholder image to display the Agenda Note editor again and make changes.
Here is what the printable agenda looks like with a minimal setup. The Agenda Note including the Sgt. at Arms duties is at the top, before the listing of meeting roles.